Installing a new roof is an excellent way to refresh the look of your house. It is the perfect chance for you as a property owner to modernize using the latest guttering and roofing styles. When the new roof is done, everyone who passes by will admire your efforts.
Most people are intimidated by the prospect of replacing their roof. Choosing the material that is right for you is one of the first big decisions you need to make. We can help you choose the right material to match your style and budget.
Architectural shingles are the most common roofing system you probably see in your neighborhood. They are available in numerous shapes and sizes. They offer great performance, last a long time, and have great aesthetic appeal. The top benefits of a shingled roof are:
- Wide variety of options: many different colors, shapes, and textures to choose from
- Easier installation: when compared to slate, tile, metal
- Durability: shingles can be resistant to hail and very high winds
- Energy efficiency: an extra layer of insulation to keep your conditioned air in, and reflect away sunlight.
- Long life span: up to 50 years!
The second most popular roofing material, behind asphalt shingles, is metal roofing. As of 2015, over 750,000 U.S. homeowners chose metal as their roofing material for a few reasons:
- Lifespan: a properly installed metal roof will typically last longer than the house it’s installed on!
- Environmental impact: compared to asphalt shingles, which are made wit petroleum products, metal roofing is much better for the environment and contains a large portion of recycled materials.
- Energy efficient: metal roofs do an excellent job reflecting solar energy instead of absorbing it into your home.
- Stylish: metal roofs come in a variety of styles to suit your taste.
Spanish tile roofs are a unique roofing choice that provides a stylized aesthetic to your home. However, beyond the simple appearance-based benefits, Spanish tile roofing provides a number of practical benefits to your home:
- Insulation: Spanish tiles are made out of clay, which is naturally reflective.
- Durability: Spanish tiles are extremely durable, as baked clay is similar in composition to brick.
- Resistance: Spanish tile roofs are immune from water damage. Spanish tile roofs are also immune to rot and rust damage and will not burn in the event of a fire.
Slate is a unique roofing material that is often overlooked because customers are unfamiliar with its value and capabilities.
- Style and Color: There are numerous slate roofing styles that range from textural and graduated installations to mixed colors and patterns. The color of Slate ranges from muted to vibrant colors, greys and blacks are the most common colors but there are also greens, purples and reds.
- Lifespan: Slate is incredibly durable and can last several hundred years, often with little to no maintenance. It is safe to say that you will get at least 75 to 100 years or more out of your slate roof.
- Resale Value: Another benefit of slate roofing is its ability to increase the resale value of your home due to its natural beauty and durability. Slate is recognized as an elegant roofing material and will enhance the architectural style of your home and maintain the same appearance over the years.
- Resistance: Slate roofing is naturally resistant to fire and mold. It is also very resistant to frost damage and breakage due to freezing.
Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO) is a single-ply reflective roofing membrane made of polypropylene and ethylene-propylene rubber polymerized together. It is typically installed in a fully adhered or mechanically attached system, allowing the white membrane to remain exposed throughout the life of the roof.
- Cost: TPO is relatively low in cost when compared to similar alternatives.
- Durability: TPO roofing is incredibly effective in resisting bacteria, debris, algae, and dirt, as well as ultraviolet and chemical exposure. TPO’s flexible membrane allows it to withstand punctures, tears, and impact damage.
- Simple Setup: Due to TPO’s lightweight and flexible properties, it is much simpler to install, as there as fewer seams. Less work and time spent on installing TPO translates into direct savings.
- Energy Efficiency: Installing a TPO roof on your private home or building will keep the indoor temperature comfortable on blistering summer days while reducing HVAC costs!
There are a number of benefits to considering and utilizing EPDM roofing membranes, also commonly referred to as “rubber roofing.” This type of roofing has a number of environmental benefits, as well as benefits for your commercial or flat-roof property.
- Environmentally Friendly: EPDM roofing commonly utilizes recycled products, and can, itself, be recycled at the end of its usable life as a roofing material.
- Energy Efficiency: EPDM roofing is one of the most efficient roofing products on the market today. Most manufacturers guarantee the durability of EPDM roofing up to 20 years, even longer with regular maintenance and sealing. Once it’s laid, it can help decrease the costs of heating and cooling and resists almost all weather conditions.
- Flexible and Durable: This single-ply roofing membrane is durable and lightweight – especially beneficial when building weight is an issue.
If you’re considering a new roof, the first step is a roof inspection to determine where you stand and what your options are moving forward. Champion Restoration & Construction is perfectly suited to assist. We have the people and the tools to inspect your roof, find the perfect solution for you, and help you work with the insurance company to get the best value possible for you. Give us a call today!